Learn making a beautiful crochet braided headband. Headbands are my favorite items to make, they are easy and great to give as a gift.
THE CROCHET BRAIDED HEADBAND
The crochet braided headband is chic and feminine with modern hairstyles, with easy crochet & braid construction. This headband works up in about one hour, you need to know only the double crochet stitch to make this beautiful headband.
Headbands Related Posts:
Headbands don’t take much time to crochet, let’s try to make this easy braided one.
To create this crochet braided headband, you will need a crochet hook of 6 mm, medium worsted weight yarn, tapestry needle, 5 clothespins to pin the strips and cutting board.
- This crochet braided headband is made by crocheting 5 long individual strips, weaving their ends and then braiding together.
- This pattern is written to fit adult women size.
Pattern of Crochet Braided Headband (make 5 strips)
– Slip knot, start with chain 72.
– Double crochet in the third chain from hook, double crochet in each chain across, fasten off.
– Using the long tail left in one strip, and with a tapestry needle, attach the 5 strips together from the top.
– Spread the attached strips on the cutting board and pin each one down with clothespin.
– Let’s start to braid the stripes:
- Take the second strand up and take it over the third one then take it under the forth one then over the fifth one.
- Take the first strand and take it under the next one, then over the next one, under the next one, over the last one.
- Each time, we need to pull them a little bit and tidy up.
- Take the first one (on the left side) under the next one, over the next, under the next, over the last one.
- Continue using this way by taking the first strand on the left side in each time.
– Using tapestry needle, attach the 5 strips from the bottom.
– Fold in half with wrong side facing you, connect the ends by sewing them together, fasten off, weave in all ends.
– Flip it over and enjoy with your new braided headband.
Tutorial and photos of this crochet braided headband by: CrochetVibe.